Between the ages of 19-64, our optometrists here at Millcreek Optometry Centre recommend having your eyes examined every two years, or in the case of contact lenses wearers, once a year.
Certain health conditions, such as diabetes and hypertension, can increase your risk of vision problems. Often, if the changes are detected in their early stages, treatment can begin before any permanent damage has been done. If issues are detected, our optometrists will discuss your options with you to determine the best course of action.
Comprehensive eye exams include but are not limited to:
- Optomap (retinal imaging)
- Complete ocular and medical history
- Visual acuity
- Binocular vision evaluation
- Refraction for glasses
- Internal and external eye evaluation
- Eye pressure measurement
- Glaucoma and macular degeneration screening
Additional testing offered:
- Humphrey Visual Field Analyzer (for glaucoma, stroke, and other neurological impairments)
- Optical Coherence Tomography
- Heidelberg Retinal Tomography
- Color vision
- Depth perception
- Bailey-Lovie Contrast Sensitivity Test-for Refractive Surgery recipients (example. LASIK)
We have clients visiting our Edmonton Eye Care Centre from across Edmonton, St. Albert, Sherwood Park, Spruce Grove and the surrounding areas.